By entering in the Challenge, each Applicant represents, warrants, and covenants as follows:
• (a) Applicant is the sole author, creator, and owner of the Submission;
• (b) The Submission is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim;
• (c) The Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party ;
• (d) The Submission does not and will not contain any harmful computer code (sometimes referred to as “malware,” “viruses” or “worms”); and
• (e) The Submission, and Applicants ‘ use of the Submission, does not and will not violate any applicable laws or regulations, including, without limitation, applicable export control laws and regulations of the U.S. and other jurisdictions.
If t he Submission includes any third party works (such as third party content or open source code), Applicant must be able to provide, upon request , documentation of all appropriate licenses and releases for such third party works. If Applicant cannot provide documentation of all required licenses and releases, Federal Agency sponsors reserve the right , at their sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Submission. Conversely, they may seek to secure the licenses and releases and allow the applicable Submission to remain in the Challenge, while reserving all rights with respect to such licenses and releases.
Applicants must indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Federal Government from and against all third party claims, actions, or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses relating to or arising from Applicant’s Submission or any breach or alleged breach of any of the representations, warranties, and covenants of Applicant here under.
The Federal Agency sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Submission that , in their discretion, deems to violate these Official Rules, Terms & Conditions.