TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for your efforts towards integrating metabolic competence into toxicity testing. The following Rules, Terms & Conditions must be carefully followed and agreed to by all Applicants to Stage 1 of this competition – the submission of a practical design.
The Transform Tox Testing Challenge is a three-stage event, with prizes awarded as Applicants advance to the next stage of the Challenge; prize amounts are subject to change. The government reserves the right to cancel the later stages or award smaller prizes for partial solutions.
RULES FOR ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible to win Stage 1 of this Challenge, an individual or entity:
• (a) Must have entered a submission on transform tox testing.com under the rules promulgated by t he U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), t he National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS), and t he National Toxicology Program (NTP), headquartered at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIE HS).
• (b) Must be an individual or team comprised of members each of whom are 18 years of age or over.
• (c) Must not be on the Excluded Parties List System located at https://www.epls.gov/
• (d) May not be a Federal entity or Federal employee acting within the scope of their employment.
• (e) The applicant shall not be deemed ineligible because the applicant used Federal facilities or consulted with Federal employees during a competition if the facilities and employees are made equitably available to all applicants participating in the competition.
• (f) Federal grantees may not use Federal funds to develop challenge applications unless consistent with the purpose of their grant award. Federal contractors may not use Federal funds from a contract to develop challenge applications or to fund efforts in support of a challenge submission.
• (g) Employees of EPA and NIH, and/ or any other individual or entity associated with the development, evaluation, or administration of the Challenge as we ll as members of such persons’ immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and persons living in t he same house hold as such
persons, whet her or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Challenge.
• (h) Applicants must agree to assume any and all risks and waive claims against the Federal Government and its related entities, except in the case of willful misconduct , for any injury, death, damage, or loss of property, revenue, or profits, whet her direct, indirect , or consequential, arising from their participation in a competition, whet her t he injury, death, damage, or loss arises through negligence or otherwise.
• (i) Applicants must also agree to indemnify the Federal Government against third party claims for damages arising from or related to competition activities.
• (j) Applicants are not required to obtain liability insurance or demonstrate financial responsibility in order to participate in the Challenge.
• (k) By participating in the Challenge, each Applicant agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules, Terms & Conditions and the decisions of the Federal Agency sponsors and/ or the individual judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.