Dating in Singapore is not easy, and here are some of the common online dating problems. In fact, I believe these problems below are the some of the reasons why mobile dating apps will not take over matchmaking services.
Common online dating problems:
If you have tried dating online in Singapore, you may have experienced one or even more of the following problems. In fact, in general, most people feel it is harder to date here than other countries.
Unresponsive people after matching up
This problem is usually bigger for guys than girls. Many girls will match up with a guy, and then never reply to anything you say to her. This is regardless whether
There are likely 3 reasons for this:
- She swiped right on you a long time ago, and she got attached in between the time she swiped right on you and you connecting with her
- She was just boosting her ego and seeing how many matches and who she will get matched with
- She was swiping right on a lot of guys she may fancy, and only replied to the most attractive ones… and you did not make the cut. Ouch. But true.
Inappropriate messages or photos
Inappropriate messages may not necessarily refer to sexually charged messages. It could simply mean insensitive questions as well.
Here is a list of potential problems you may have faced before in the past:
- Received an unsolicited d*ck picture from a stranger if you are a girl
- Copy pasted messages without even editing properly
- Asking privacy invasive questions
- Girls asking about your income on the first few messages
Some people write as though they graduated from a certain school, work at a certain place, or lead a certain lifestyle. Some of these people are completely lying on these dating apps!
One of the reasons why you may get not much responses sometimes is simply because most profiles are inactive. Many guys and girls in Singapore set up their profile once, and stopped using it after some time, however never bothered to re-login and delete their account. This means that a lot of these are ‘ghost’ accounts which will not be responsive to you!
Heavily dependent on how good you are at taking photographs of yourself
Most dating apps are photo centric. This means that if you are not good at taking pictures of yourself to place on online dating apps, you will not be able to capture enough attention. You could be very well dressed or attractive looking in real life, however, if your photographs do not look natural and good, nobody will swipe right to you!